Friday, July 2, 2010

Review - Avène Thermal Spring Water



Now I was a long time skeptic of this product and hence I passed by it hundreds of times when I go into my Shoppers Drug Mart. Today I decided after reading countless reviews on how much people really liked this (has a 4.3 rating on makeupalley.com), that I would give it a try and purchase it. Mannn have I been missing out!

How I used it - After cleansing my skin and patting it dry, I took the aerosol bottle and it sprayed a really fine mist on my skin. I followed the recommendation of other reviewers and let it sit for a minute or two then pat any excess. After I follow up with my regular moisturizers (Clinique DD and Comfort on Call for dry patchy spots).

Results - The moisturizers I felt on a lot easier and seemed to sink in better. My skin also went more soft and supple? It was refreshing and cooling, this helped calm the redness I get around my eye area due to eczema.

Overall - I would highly recommend this to anyone who has problems with redness or irritation of any sort. You feel refreshed and provides that instant relief you need to prevent itching (which is almost the entire reason conditions like eczema are so hard to tame). This is quite multi purpose so to be honest, I think anyone can find a use for it. Even people like myself with the most sensitive skin won't react to this (it really is just PH balanced mineral water).

Price - $16 for 300 ml (not sure if this was on discount or not, but pick it up at Shoppers!)

No comments: