Saturday, December 31, 2011

Things I Lust - 2012

2011 has been full of changes for myself. I'm feeling a new sense of inspiration to start writing once again and thought, let's kick things off with an ever so fun wishlist. My new year's resolution is to start investing in quality but also pieces that offer diverse wear (i.e. no more impulse H&M buys!). 

Clothes

1. Animal Print - Still loving the animal print + faux fur thing for 2012. I don't know if its the inner Cruelle De Vil in me, but this coat just draws me in. (A|Wear Leopard Swing Coat - C$140)

2. Classic Pencil Skirt - My current pencil skirt was a cheap buy from Costa Blanca years back. I think now that I've reached the 20s, it is time for something a bit more refined and higher quality. J.Crew does it perfectly here. (No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool - $146)

3. Embellished Dresses- I own enough little black dresses, but the detail in the embellished sleeves on this number is stunning. Sadly no longer available in black. (Warehouse Embellished Mesh Sleeve Dress - C$103)
********

Bling Bling
1. Oversized Gold Watch - Timeless, always chic and adds that finishing touch to a simple outfit. I think every woman needs a classic watch whatever style and finish it be. Currently loving this one from Michael Kors. (Michael Kors Stainless Steel Chronograph Layton Watch, Golden - $250)

2. Chunky Statement Pieces - I've yet to add that oversized, eye catching statement necklace in my small, but unique jewelry collection. I love pretty much anything gold, chains, bling or charms. (Tinley Road Cluster Short Necklace - $38)

********
Everything else

1. iPhone - Yes my android shed a little tear after I typed that. I recently ditched my blackberry after an unfortunate incident (washing machine) and switched to the HTC HD Desire. While I do love the android system, it's still not as easy to sync with my beloved macbook as i'd like. Call me promicious but I like to try everything out there. (iPhone 4S - 

2. Shoes that are just too pretty to wear - I recently bought a gorgeous pair of heels from Zara that i've yet to wear out cause I just don't want to ruin them. Some shoes just are more suited for art then daily use. (Sam Edelman Rosa Embellished Crushed Velvet Platform Pumps - $225) 

3. Useful Wallet - At the moment I am using a very run down wallet I bought for probably less then $25 at Winners. Despite having bought possible replacements, I still end up using my ratty wallet - why? it just the right size for everything I need. I am looking to invest in something more "classy" mind you. (Michael Kors Continental Logo Wallet, Vanilla - $118) 

********

So what are you lusting after for the new year? Any resolutions planned out?

No comments: