Friday, July 16, 2010

Try it! - Homemade Sugar Scrub

I adapted Michelle Phan's Olive Oil Sugar Scrub by using brown sugar, which I read was more gentle, instead of granulated white sugar. I also prefer the smell of it personally.

Recipe
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp of honey
  • 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
I recommend using this in the shower cause it is a fairly messy scrub and it is a lot easier to wash off in the shower I found. Use your regular cleanser and then use the scrub and gently massage it on your face and where ever else you wish to use it. You can feel the sugar melting and the honey/olive oil will give you a smooth finish. Rinse completely and follow up after with your moisturizer.

Thoughts - While it didn't make my skin miraculously healed (still a few dry spots from my eczema), I did find my skin felt more plump, helped reduce the redness around my eye area (this was the part I was most impressed with) and left my skin looking more "alive". I'm gonna continue trying this to see if it does any gradual improvements.

No comments: