Many of us crave that celebrity look, but unfortunately our pocketbooks aren't quite as big as theirs. How to solve this? Get the look for less by looking at their outfits for inspiration and recreating it to your own taste and bank account.
Here is an inspiration look I created after spotting this adorable outfit worn by Vanessa. Now this isn't about recreating the outfit exactly because that would just be boring. There are lots of simple ways to add your own twist to celebrity looks.
1. The dress - What I loved about this outfit was the colour of the dress and the simplicity. I found a great tunic-style top that would work perfectly as a mini-dress. I like the studded effect at the bodice which gives a little edge to this look. (Forever21 - $17.80)
2. The cardigan - Very important feature. The boyfriend cardigan gives this simple look a nice casual, boho vibe. (American Eagle - ON SALE $24.95 - similar style)
3. Accessories - Since this is a simple look, it is vital you layer with accessories. V.Hudge does it well by combining a simple sandal, big bag, and classic sunglasses. I've gone for a similar route with a big roomy bag and wayfarer inspired frames. Although instead of a simple flip-flop, I've gone for the trendy gladiator sandal. Helps to dress down the look and once again, provide your own twist to the look. Vanessa is also sporting a simple long necklace; to add a girly vibe, I found this cute bow enamel necklace that pops against the purple/blue dress.
(Sandals - Barratts.co.uk - $40, Necklace - urbanoutfitters.co.uk - $15, retro sunglasses - PacSun - $15.50)
4. Splurge - Although we like to keep looks modest in price, it's nice to splurge on those staple items. Handbags in my opinion will last much longer and have more value/wear if you invest in good quality material. (Tote - asos.com - $120)


3 comments:
I love looks for less...and Vanessa is always on my style watch because she dresses so great.
Oooh, I like the necklace and dress
OMG i luv ur blog!! please keep posting!! i wanna let u know that i'm reading!!
I love this- Vanessa has a great style which in some ways parallels with Nicole Richie, Ashlee Simpson,
Post a Comment