One of my favourite styles I've seen pop up in 2008 and hopefully into 2009 is the shirtdress. Perfect for both fall and spring, its a classic take on dressy but casual. And there's many styles to suite various tastes.
1) Kiera Knightly rocks this adorable black and white gingham dress with a pair of opaque black tights underneath. This is a great monochromatic look and the perfect base to add a few pops of colour (maybe a clutch or necklace)
2) Traditional shirt dresses don't have to be boring. First, I love the pale blue tone of this number from tobi. The skinny black tie detail provides a nice touch of masculinity on this feminine cut. You could also belt this at the nautral waist with a braided brown leather belt. I'd wear this as a summer look with some gladiator sandals. (source - here)
3) This ruffled front collared dress is from RL's Rugby.com collection. The tartan plaid pattern defines the true oxford prep of this look. I love this and so wish I had 99 bucks lying around to buy it. Prefect fall/winter look with a pair of opaque tights and suede heels. (source - here)



No comments:
Post a Comment